Pets People Practice Nova Scotia is seeking a full-time Veterinarian (Internal Medicine Specialist) to work at its Pets People Practice Nova Scotia Hospital location in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our animal hospital offer a wide range of emergency veterinary services to keep your pets healthy in emergency situations,
You will be scheduled for a minimum of 30 hours per week on average.
We value veterinarians, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
– Continuing Education (CE); CE includes payment of up to $4,000 towards education programs that will enhance and advance veterinary skills and knowledge and be of mutual benefit to you and the Hospital, plus up to one week paid leave to attend such continuing education. Additional CE is possible if it will enhance and further the business;
– Extended Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid);
– Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, etc.);
– Employee Assistance Program;
– Paid Licensing & Membership Dues;
– Professional Liability Insurance coverage;
– Paid Vacation time;
– Paid Sick & Personal Days;
– Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount);
– Uniform Allowance;
– – Sign-on bonus;
– – Cost of living allowance (COLA)
– Eligibility for a discretionary Performance Bonus.
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Job Duties: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals through physical examinations or laboratory tests.
· Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, performing surgery, or other therapies.
· Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases.
· Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations.
· Advise clients on the feeding, hygiene, behaviour, breeding, housing and general care of animals.
· Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia.
· May supervise animal health technologists and animal care workers.
· Educate the public about diseases that can spread from animals to humans.
· Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
· Perform laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests, including parasitology, hematology and urinalysis.
· Operate diagnostic equipment, such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images.
· Administer anesthetics, perform surgery, and monitor patients during surgery and recovery with the assistance of the technical team.
· Follow discharge guidelines for hospitalized and postoperative patients, and treatment plan guidelines for clients, to ensure proper patient treatment in the home environment (including client follow-up post hospitalization).
· Humanely euthanize animals when it has been mutually agreed upon by the patient’s owner.
· Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs and patient records.
Company Operating Name: Coastal Care Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital
Business Address: 435 Reynolds St., Suite 306, Oakville, ON L6J 3M5
Title of Position: Veterinarian (Internal Medicine Specialist)
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Official Language/Language of Work: English
Salary Range: $73,259 – $210,000 Canadian Dollars per year
Location of Work: 168 Hobsons Lake Drive, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3S 0B4
Name: Matthew Verwey
Telephone Number (Cell): 1-289-218-7041
Level of Education Required:
· Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree OR
· Completion of a four to five-year university degree in veterinary medicine (or related health science field) and completion of the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE)
Skill Requirements/Work Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience
Company Information Our hospital has been providing pet health care for the community for over 70 years in the San...Apply For This Job
Registered Veterinary Technologist required for a full-time position at our busy companion animal practice in Slave Lake, Alberta. Slave Lake...Apply For This Job
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career in a rural setting? Stettler Veterinary Clinic has the perfect opportunity...Apply For This Job
At Mahogany Veterinary Clinic, we’re not your average clinic. We are fortunate to be in a private lake community in...Apply For This Job
Company: Doxsee and Pang Veterinary Medicine Professional Corporation O/A Loyalist Veterinary Hospital Business information: Loyalist Veterinary Hospital is dedicated to providing pets...Apply For This Job
We are a unique GP-Emergency hybrid. We cannot begin to describe the totality of what it is like to work...Apply For This Job
You need to be signed in to apply for this position.Sign in