· Overall scheduling and coordination of program activities and development for the new Animal Health Technology (AHT) Blended program in collaboration with AHT Program Head.
· Primary contact for AHT Blended students to ensure they are prepared for online modules, on campus residencies and practicum requirements.
· Scheduling of sessional instructors and lab technicians for upcoming online classes and on-campus labs.
· Establishment of a database of qualified instructors and lab technicians for delivery of courses.
· Liaison with other college departments such as residence and facilities to ensure a positive experience for students while in residency at the college.
· Collaboration with college teaching/learning and IT supports to incorporate innovative digital learning strategies into online programming.
· Collaboration with the AHT program head to ensure consistency between the in-person and blended program delivery.
· Connecting AHT in-person faculty with AHT blended instructors to facilitate good communication and teamwork with each course.
· Communication of expectations and responsibilities of instructors teaching in the AHT.
· Onboarding and coordination of training activities for new AHT Blended instructors.
· Support AHT Program Head in program accreditation reporting for the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA).
· Assistance with coordinating practicum placements for both the AHT in-person and AHT Blended programs.
· If needed, participation in lab technician duties such as preparation of lab in consultation with faculty instructor and assistance with students in completion of required competencies.
· The successful candidate must be a Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT) in Alberta and be in good standing with the ABVMA.
· Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to advancements in online training and a variety of software programs (ie. Microsoft Office, veterinary client management and medical record software, educational learning platforms).
· Excellent organization, communication, and teamwork skills.
· Demonstrated passion for education and the field of veterinary medicine.
This is a Full-time Permanent AUPE appointment on the Vermilion campus commencing February 15, 2023. Lakeland College offers an attractive pension, remuneration, and benefit package.
Please contact Geoff Brown, Dean of Agriculture Sciences at 1-780-853-8469 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Competition will remain open until January 15, 2023. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Key Responsibilities · Day-to-day operation and management of the Animal Health Clinic, which exists to provide hands-on training for the...Apply For This Job