Grey Bruce Pet Hospital in Owen Sound, Ontario is seeking a full-time Veterinarian (Small Animal).
About Grey Bruce Pet Hospital: Since opening our doors in 1987, Grey Bruce Pet Hospital has provided our community of pet companions with the highest quality of veterinary care, provided by highly trained staff in a warm and caring environment. We proudly see dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds, and ferrets. For over 20 years we’ve achieved the American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) accreditation. This assures our clients we adhere to the highest requirements for quality medical care, state-of-the-art facilities, medical technology and staff training. AAHA accreditation is so comprehensive it’s only achieved by less than 15% of pet hospitals in North America. Our diverse offering is comprehensive by any standards and covers cutting-edge conventional, specialized and preventative medicine. Our core offering includes comprehensive medical diagnostics & therapy, oncology, dentistry, surgery, rehabilitation and Low-Level Laser. Our integrative services include acupuncture, chiropractic, and Chinese herbal medicine. Our specialized services include PennHIP certification, Frozen Semen collection and storage, and Regenerative Medicine (Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma). The recent addition of digital radiology and ultrasound allows our doctors access to telemedical diagnostic services from a wide range of veterinary specialists without having to leave our clinic. Our approach always prioritizes preventative health care. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of care so that you and your ‘best friend’ will enjoy years of quality companionship.
We are offering an incredible opportunity for a Veterinarian (Small Animal). We are an established and highly efficient team dedicated to practicing high-quality medicine. We value work-life balance and have a lot of fun as a team.
You will be scheduled for 40 hours over 4 or 5 days. There will be a mix of appointments and surgeries, and while we do require on-call shifts, the service is shared with many other veterinary clinics.
We value veterinarians, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
– Salary Range: $83,697.00 – $125,000.00 Canadian Dollars
– Continuing Education (CE); CE includes payment of up to $1,500 towards education programs that will enhance and advance veterinary skills and knowledge, and be of mutual benefit to you and the Hospital, plus up to five (5) days paid leave to attend such continuing education. Additional CE is possible if it will enhance and further the business;
– Extended Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid);
– Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, etc.);
– Employee Assistance Program;
– Paid Licensing & Membership Dues;
– Professional Liability Insurance coverage;
– Paid Vacation time;
– Paid Sick & Personal Days;
– Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount);
– Uniform Allowance;
– Eligibility for a discretionary Performance Bonus.
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Job Duties: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals through physical examinations or laboratory tests.
· Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, performing surgery, or other therapies.
· Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases.
· Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations.
· Advise clients on the feeding, hygiene, behaviour, breeding, housing and general care of animals.
· Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia.
· May supervise animal health technologists and animal care workers.
· Educate the public about diseases that can spread from animals to humans.
· Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
· Perform laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests, including parasitology, hematology and urinalysis.
· Operate diagnostic equipment, such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images.
· Administer anesthetics, perform surgery, and monitor patients during surgery and recovery with the assistance of the technical team.
· Follow discharge guidelines for hospitalized and postoperative patients, and treatment plan guidelines for clients, to ensure proper patient treatment in the home environment (including client follow-up post hospitalization).
· Humanely euthanize animals when it has been mutually agreed upon by the patient’s owner.
· Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs and patient records.
Company Operating Name: Grey Bruce Pet Hospital Professional Corporation
Business Address: 905 7th St E, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 1K3
Title of Position: Veterinarian (Small Animal Veterinarian)
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Official Language/Language of Work: English
Salary Range: $83,697.00 – $125,000.00 Canadian Dollars
Location of Work: 905 7th St E, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 1K3
Name: Matthew Verwey
Telephone Number (Cell): 1-289-218-7041
Level of Education Required:
· Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree OR
· Completion of a four to five-year university degree in veterinary medicine (or related health science field) and completion of the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE)
Skill Requirements/Work Experience:
Shaw Road Veterinary Clinic, located in Dorchester, east of London, Ontario, is looking to hire a full-time small animal veterinarian....Apply For This Job
Southern Alberta Veterinary Emergency is looking to hire a full-time overnight RVT, who has a passion for patient care and...Apply For This Job
Looking for a fun and friendly work environment? Slave Lake Veterinary Services is looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing Registered Veterinary...Apply For This Job
REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN Our family-owned, small animal practice in North-East London (Dorchester) is looking for a full-time RVT to support...Apply For This Job
South Tower Animal Hospital in beautiful and family-friendly Fergus, Ontario is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic veterinarian or veterinarians to...Apply For This Job
The Place Benson View Veterinary Hospital is an established companion animal practice located in Nanaimo BC, on Vancouver Island. Known...Apply For This Job