Bridlewood Animal Hospital in Kanata, Ontario is seeking two (2) full-time Veterinarians (Small Animal).
Bridlewood Animal Hospital has been providing veterinary medical and surgical services to the Bridlewood and Kanata communities since 1995. We are conveniently located in the heart of Bridlewood at the Stonehaven Plaza. The hospital’s 2200 sq feet supports a bright spacious reception area, as well as a large main exam room. There are two additional exam rooms, a laboratory, radiology room, surgical suite, treatment room, pharmacy, 2 offices, lunchroom, separate dog and cat wards, laundry and storage area. The 3rd exam room was recently renovated to provide a warmer and supportive environment.
We are offering two incredible opportunities for two entry-level full-time Veterinarians (Small Animal) to join our team. We are an established and highly efficient team dedicated to practicing high-quality medicine. We value work-life balance and have a lot of fun as a team.
You will be scheduled for 40 hours over 4 or 5 days. There will be a mix of appointments and surgeries.
We value veterinarians, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
– Salary Range: $93,171.00 – $100,000.00 Canadian Dollars
– Continuing Education (CE); CE includes payment of up to $2,000 towards education programs that will enhance and advance veterinary skills and knowledge, and be of mutual benefit to you and the Hospital, plus up to five (5) days paid leave to attend such continuing education. Additional CE is possible if it will enhance and further the business;
– Extended Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid);
– Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, etc.);
– Employee Assistance Program;
– Paid Licensing & Membership Dues;
– Professional Liability Insurance coverage;
– Paid Vacation time;
– Paid Sick & Personal Days;
– Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount);
– Uniform Allowance;
– Eligibility for a discretionary Performance Bonus.
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Job Duties: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals through physical examinations or laboratory tests.
· Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, performing surgery, or other therapies.
· Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases.
· Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations.
· Advise clients on the feeding, hygiene, behaviour, breeding, housing and general care of animals.
· Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia.
· May supervise animal health technologists and animal care workers.
· Educate the public about diseases that can spread from animals to humans.
· Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
· Perform laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests, including parasitology, hematology and urinalysis.
· Operate diagnostic equipment, such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images.
· Administer anesthetics, perform surgery, and monitor patients during surgery and recovery with the assistance of the technical team.
· Follow discharge guidelines for hospitalized and postoperative patients, and treatment plan guidelines for clients, to ensure proper patient treatment in the home environment (including client follow-up post hospitalization).
· Humanely euthanize animals when it has been mutually agreed upon by the patient’s owner.
· Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs and patient records.
Company Operating Name: Bridlewood Animal Hospital
Business Address: 701 Eagleson Road suite # 7, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2G1
Title of Position: Veterinarian (Small Animal Veterinarian)
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Official Language/Language of Work: English
Salary Range: $93,171.00 – $100,000.00 Canadian Dollars
Location of Work: 701 Eagleson Road Suite # 7, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2G1
Name: Matthew Verwey
Telephone Number (Cell): 1-289-218-7041
Level of Education Required:
· Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree OR
· Completion of a four to five-year university degree in veterinary medicine (or related health science field) and completion of the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE)
Skill Requirements/Work Experience: No experience required
Our family-owned small animal practice in Dorchester, ON (just east of London) is looking for a full-time veterinary office administrator...Apply For This Job
We are looking to add a veterinary technician to our small privately owned clinic. No after hours calls, lots of...Apply For This Job
South Tower Animal Hospital in beautiful and family-friendly Fergus, Ontario is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic veterinarian or veterinarians to...Apply For This Job
Looking for a fun and friendly work environment? Slave Lake Veterinary Services is looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing Registered Veterinary...Apply For This Job
Full time veterinarian wanted for small animal practice located 20 minutes south of London, Ontario. We are a full service...Apply For This Job