Company: Britannia Heights Veterinary Corporation O/A Britannia Heights Veterinary Clinic
Business information: Britannia Heights Veterinary Clinic is a well-established, full-service, small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local practices when special diagnostic procedures are required. The facility includes a well-stocked pharmacy, in-hospital surgery suite, in-house x-ray capabilities, a closely supervised hospitalization area, and indoor boarding kennels with outdoor walking areas.
Business address: 2579 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2B 7H7
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
· Assist veterinarian before, during and after surgery
· Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under the direction of a veterinarian
· Administer treatments as prescribed by veterinarian
· Conduct specialized procedures on animals such as animal identification and hoof trimming
· Counsel clients on animal health care
· Produce diagnostic radiographs, collect samples, and perform other laboratory tests
· Assist with veterinary office management
· Perform routine animal dental procedures and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
· Provide wound and bandage care
· Discharge surgical patients at the end of the day
– Education: Completion of a two or three-year animal health/veterinary technology college program is required
– Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience as a Veterinary Technician or Assistant is required.
– An empathic person who is able to stay calm under stressful situations
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Handling heavy loads, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Fast-paced environment, Standing for extended periods, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Repetitive tasks, Work under pressure, Physically demanding, Tight deadlines
Personal Suitability: Client focus, Organized, Team player, Initiative, Excellent written communication, Accurate, Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Judgement
Language: English is required
Salary: $17.50 to $19.50 hourly, 40 hours per week.
Benefits: RRSP benefits, Pension plan benefits, scrubs. Travel expenses will be covered by the employer if the worker needs to relocate.
Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule includes 8-hour shifts between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 2579 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2B 7H7
Do you love animals and care for their well-being? Do you love helping people? Looking for flexible hours? If you...Apply For This Job
Responsable administratif et service à la clientèle Nous offrons actuellement l’opportunité à un individu dynamique et axé sur le service à la...Apply For This Job
Les Anges Gardiennes prides on quality service for not only the Wellness of your fur babies, but also on Excellence...Apply For This Job
Company: Tonton Catherine o/a Mon Bel Ami Business information: Grooming and animal aesthetics for pets. Business Address: 1145, Rue Balmoral, Saint-Hubert, QC, J4T...Apply For This Job
Pets People Practice AB Inc. is seeking two (2) full time Veterinarians (Small Animal) to work at its Grande Prairie...Apply For This Job
**$10,000 Signing Bonus Join the Lakeview Animal Hospital team in Mississauga, Ontario (close to the 427 and QEW)! Are you...Apply For This Job